The History of Emotions Blog was launched in May 2011, with this welcome message from Tiffany Watt-Smith and myself. Since then Tiffany has moved on to become a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow, and we have been joined by Jules Evans as our Policy Director and Blog editor.
As a birthday present to ourselves, we’ve compiled this list, a top 10 of the most read posts on the History of Emotions Blog in the last twelve months. The blog currently gets between 4,000 and 5,000 page-hits per month .
It seems that historically informed reviews of books, films, and shows, as well as general information about developments in the field, have proved particularly popular. Thank-you to everyone who wrote (and read!) these posts. Here’s the countdown:
10. Jules Evans’s review of Wayne McGregor’s show at Sadlers Wells: Roy Porter: the Musical!
9. Grave Emotions by visiting PhD student Jenny Nyberg
7. An interview with Susan J. Matt – Dying of Nostalgia
5. Stephanie Downes’s Review of Peter Carey’s The Chemistry of Tears
3. Sally Holloway on the material culture of romance: Love Darts and Broken Hearts
2. Katherine Angel’s Review of Steve McQueen’s film Shame
1. Åsa Jannson’s Review of the Lars von Trier film Melancholia